Microsoft Outlook has had “Quick Steps” that allows users to make shortcuts for common email tasks for some time. Now Landis Technologies brings “Quick Steps” to Skype for Business communication tasks to make users more efficient when communicating using Attendant Pro for Skype for Business. You could think of “Quick Access Shortcuts” as Macros for the Skype for Business client.
What kind of Skype for Business communication tasks can be made into a Quick Access Shortcut?
- Change or Reset Presence
- Call a Contact
- Call a Contact and Dial DTMF
- Check Voice Mail
- Check Group Voice Mail
- Open an URL (with parameters passed to it.)
- Open an Application (with parameters passed to it.)
- Send an Instant Message
- Change Call Forwarding
- and More
Every shortcut can be assigned a user definable keyboard shortcut, and the shortcut can be application or global scope. This mean that you can, for example, change your Skype for Business presence with a shortcut while working in Word or Excel. Efficient!
How do you setup a Quick Access Shortcut?
Just select the function you want to automate and then define things like name, icon, hotkey and task.
Now tasks are as efficient as possible, just one click or keystroke from where ever.
If you want to try out Attendant Pro Quick Access Shortcuts, it just takes a minute.
Macros for the Skype for Business client
Scripting for the Skype for Business client
Automating the Skype for Business client
Note: See more details & get free Trial of Call Recording Pro for Skype for Business & Office 365 Cloud PBX, click here.
We welcome to our Call Recording Pro for Skype for Business & Office 365 Launch Event on February 18, 2016 at 9AM & 4PM EST. Presenters will by Skype for Business MVP Matt Landis and Wendell Martin. We will demonstrate Call Recording Pro and will be around to hear your feedback and answer any questions you might have.
Call Recording Pro is an easy to implement client based Call Recording Solution at a fraction of the cost of traditional solutions. Well suited for customer service, training and abusive call recording.
Our call recording technology is already included in our Attendant Pro attendant console solution which is installed in enterprises in over 27 countries. We are now making Call Recording Pro available as a standalone call recording solution any Skype for Business users. To get more details click here.
Attendant the online event by clicking below:
February 18, 2016 at 9AM EST Event: Register & Add to Your Calendar Click Here
February 18, 2016 at 4PM EST Event: Register & Add to Your Calendar Click Here
Unified Communications Attendant Console for Skype for Business (Lync)
If you are moving from Cisco Unified Communications attendant console and need an attendant console designed from the ground up for Skype for Business & Microsoft Lync unified communications scenarios, Attendant Pro for Skype for Business (Lync) by Landis Technologies. Attendant Pro provides very optimized Voice call handling while still providing access to all unified communication features of Skype for Business since the Skype for Business client seamlessly runs simultaneously.
- Rich Presence
- Fully featured Instant Message functionality
- Desktop Sharing
- Video (Peer to Peer)
- Video in Meetings using the latest H264 Codecs
- Persistent Chat (Group Chat)
- And all other functionality and modalities
Universal Communications Attendant Console for Skype for Business (Lync)
Microsoft is driving not only unified communications, but universal communications. Attendant Pro provides functionality to bridge the way from traditional PBX mindset the whole way to universal communications.
Replacing Cisco Unified Communications Manager Attendant Console
Attendant Pro provides the features you had in Cisco UC Manager Attendant Console while bringing new features to bridge from the Cisco world to the Skype for Business and Lync solution.
- Ability to Search a Cisco Unified Communication contact list simultaneously with Skype for Business (Lync) search Click Here
- Call handling features familiar to Cisco UC & PBX users
- Familiar and Integrated Skype for Business (Lync) User Experience
- Attendant user Call Recording with no additional server infrastructure Click Here
- Integrates with Microsoft Exchange & Office 365 Calendaring
- Easy 1 Minute install means easy setup and ongoing maintenance
If you would like to get a free 30 Day fully working Trial of Attendant Pro for Skype for Business for your switchboard operator to use in a live Skype for Business (Lync 2013) environment. It installs in a minute to boot!
 – exported from Cisco UC
Lync Attendant Replacement
If you are considering using the Lync 2010 Attendant console for a switchboard operator/ reception console / attendant console in your Skype for Business or Lync 2013 environment you may want to be aware of some of the weaknesses to avoid unexpected poor experience for key enterprise voice users. Below are a few items that commonly lead to the need for a Lync Attendant replacement:
- Lync 2010 Attendant has not been updated for several years
- Lync 2010 Attendant has fairly significant bugs that have not been addressed for some time (see below)
- Lync 2010 Attendant does not have the Skype for Business or Lync 2013 User Interface/User Experience
- The Attendant Installer is a bit dated and seems to corrupt the Office 2013 Installation which causes Lync SDK Applications to not work properly: Details Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not designed to work with Better Together and Better Together over Ethernet IP Phones such as Lync Phone Edition and Polycom VVX IP Phones. Click Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not supported with Office 365* Click Here
- Lync 2010 Attendant Limitations
- Search results are limited at 50
- Limit of 10 DL’s
- Lync 2010 Attendant user does not have access key Unified Communication features such as:
- Screen sharing
- Full featured Instant Messaging
- Full Skype for Business Meetings experience
- Video Calls and Meetings are not supported
- No integration with Outlook & Exchange Calendars
- Lync 2010 Attendant is not based on the Skype for Business 2016 client which means supportability must be tested separately from the Skype for Business (Lync) client
Since an attendant console operator is a key user in any enterprise voice switchover it is critical that no risks are taken with this key user for voice adoption.
Lync 2010 Attendant Bugs
In this section we will look at the specific reported bugs:
Lync 2010 Attendant has fairly significant bugs that have not been addressed for some time:
- Option to transfer calls to Voicemail not always available/inconsistant: Click Here
- Voicemail contact method is not available on Exchange Distribution Lists
- Mobile and Other contact methods not available on Exchange Distribution Lists
- Cannot expand DL’s with more than 100 members
- Issue transferring calls to user Skype/Lync User with Team Call setup: Click Here
Lync 2010 Attendant Alternative?
If you have very simple operator console needs you may be able to use these alternatives and as a Lync attendant replacement:
- Skype for Business 2016 Client
- Cons: The transfer experience is not very efficient or consistent for more than a very few calls.
- Cons: Can lead to a very key person in the Skype for Business implementation being dissatisfied with your voice solution
- Cons: No Exchange Calendar integration
- Certified Skype for Business IP Phone with Expansion Module
- Cons: Generally IP are a good choice when it you have a few fixed contact you transfer to, but when the switchboard operator needs to search for contacts IP phones with expansion modules tend to break down
- Cons: Finding related contacts, taking notes, and many of the common tasks operators do in a Unified Communications setting are not efficient with IP phones with expansion module.
- Cons: No Exchange Calendar integration
If you are looking to ensure that the attendant switchboard operator has the best possible solution you will want to implement a full featured Lync attendant replacement console:
- Widely Adopted software-based, Skype for Business specific Attendant console like Attendant Pro for Skype for Business
- Attendant Pro for Skype for Business & Lync: Click Here
- Competella (requires additional backend server infrastructure)
* – Not listed on supported endpoints.
Landis Technologies LLC a Microsoft Silver Partner of Ephrata PA with international expertise in implementing Skype for Business Server provides professional services to assists local companies in Lancaster PA (Ephrata, New Holland, Lititz, and surrounding areas) to implement Microsoft hosted telephone system named Office 365 Cloud PBX.
If you would like to get a budgetary proposal for implementing Office 365 Cloud PBX, Skype for Business Server, Lync Server or LG telephone system please click here.
We are Now “Landis Technologies LLC” (dba Landis Computer) formerly “Landis Computer”.
Landis Technologies is a Microsoft Partner located in Lancaster PA that provides Office 365 implementation and migration services, Skype for Business Server implementation,
Landis Technologies is has Skype for Business expertise recognized internationally and provide Office 365 Cloud PBX consulting and sales.
Our main office is located in Ephrata PA.
Narvon office has moved! Our new location is 2403 Main St., Narvon, near the intersection of California Rd. and Route 23. We are in the same building as Horning Farm Agency.
We also have a new phone number – 610-901-1125
Landis Technologies Releases Attendant Pro an industry first client side Lync & Skype for Business attendant console. You can get more information and a trial that takes only a minute to install and setup.
Attendant Pro for Skype for Business (Lync)
Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Step by Step eBook by Lync MVP and Landis Computer CEO Matt Landis has passed 60,000 downloads. This step by step ebook guide generalist IT in installing their first Lync Server 2013.
What are people saying about Microsoft Lync Server 2013 Step By Step for Anyone?
This eBook demystifies the installation and configuration process for Lync Server 2013 for standard and enterprise features, and includes topics on Installation, Monitoring, Persistent Chat, Resiliency, Enterprise Voice and Lync 2013/Onenote 2013 client integration…” –Keith Mayer, Technical Evangelist Microsoft
Take a look at it this book…It takes you from start to finish through Lync Server 2013 Preview installation and helps you avoid common hurdles. Definitely take a look at this book…” –Pat Richard, MVP, UC Architects Podcast Host
MVP Matt Landis has done a marvelous job in setting a high-bar for ebooks on Lync. I read all 100+ pages of his ebook under construction. It is a great job for the person that wants to jump into Lync…And, stay-tuned…this book will continue to get updated…” –Thomas B. Cross, TelecomReseller/UCNetworks
We are excited that our client, ThirdWave Business Systems, has become a Microsoft UC Case Study. Please read how TWBS saved and streamlined their business with Microsoft Lync: